Monday, August 30, 2010

great finds: changing pad



I always get a little bit frantic when a baby shower comes around. What's the perfect gift? What might they already have? What would be useful, but unique? About a million different options come up, and are simultaneously rejected. Now I wish I were telling you that I've found a solution to this problem, but alas, I have not. Every baby shower is different. But, the last baby shower I went to was a diaper shower, and I found this great tutorial online that seemed to fit the bill perfectly. Diaper related, but not diapers per say. I found this changing pad wallet at chickpea sewing studio. It was easy to follow and quick to make-and surprisingly big. The only thing I would change if I made it again would be to sew a flat button on the front rather than one with a shank-so it doesn't stick into your baby's back when you lay her down on it. (but maybe that was my problem with placement). Anyway, I was really happy with the way it turned out. I may have to make myself one now . . .


are you sick of baby posts yet?


3 comments:

Alicia Smith said...

Way cute changing pad! I've been wondering... What does your creating space look like? Where and how do you store your supplies? I'm just working on setting up my house, and with limited space to work with I could use some ideas. And I immediately thought of you.

Lauralee said...

hmm.. . I'll show you my creating space once I clean it up! And my storage solutions aren't the best. But I promise I will share.

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love this diaper pad. not only is it super cute and chic, but the cotton lining for the baby to lay on is a great idea. my boy hates the cold slippery wipeable pads.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails